Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Monkey Socks!




Socks are a great take along project and they are also a great project to pass the time when you not feeling your best. I started these socks the night before I embarked on my journey back home from a short visit with Dad. My departure from Fort Myers was smooth and on time but all chaos occurred in Atlanta. My Delta flight was grounded because the plane did not pass inspection.

I was glad that I decided to include this project in my carry on. In between several gate changes I was able to make good progress on my Monkey Socks by Cookie A. My time was not a complete loss because I had completed 50% of the first sock before I boarded the plane at 11pm for my final leg home. I did not arrive at home until 1:30 am.

A few days later I came down with the flu. Surprisingly, this set back did not halt progress on my Monkey Socks. In between my hot and cold spells I cast on and completed the second sock.

Koigu KPPPM is a great sock yarn. I am not an avid sock knitter so my experience with sock yarns is limited, but I consider it a favorite. The colorway for these socks had to grow on me but I am pleased with the results. I love this pattern. It is very simple to memorize. My 1.5 DPN 's resulted a perfect fit for my size 8's. I am already looking for my next yarn selection for Monkey Socks 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment