Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grey Urchin Beret!

Another Twinkle's Weekend Knits by Wenlan Chia design ready to wear...!

This year I am really into chunky knits. This is Twinkle's Urchin Beret done in Twinkle's Soft Chunky. The color is 27-Urchin, which is grey with a blue cast. It is an unusual, but sophisticated, neutral option that will go with everything. I really love this hat more than I anticipated. The pattern is very simple and the results are perfect. I will make this hat again.

Pattern Notes:

Needles: DPN US 17 and US 19

  • Cast on with Size 19
  • 4 rows of ribbing completed on Size 17
  • Remainder of hat completed on Size 19
  • Pay close attention to gauge. The hat has the potential to be too large

More...

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/cherie8knits/urchin-beret

Twinkle's designs are versatile and somewhat timeless. I love the instant gratification that super bulky yarn offers. Soft Chunky is a beautiful yarn that I cannot get enough of. Its hard to find, but it is well worth it and it is a great addition to the stash.

I am just getting my feet wet. I have tee'd up several Twinkle projects. I just received my Twinkle's Town & Country Knits. I got it for a great price on EBay. I would like to tackle one of the sweater patterns next. Picking a color is not easy. I want them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment