Monday, October 15, 2007

Mon Cherie Beret!

Finished in a weekend!...Kat Coles Beret from "Greetings from Knit Cafe." When I saw Julia's 2006 post (mindofwinter.prettyposies.com) beret finished in Valeria di Roma Angora...I had to make one in angora.

I found 4 skeins of the yarn in the same crayon color. It is pricey at $13+. Per Julia's recommendation I increased the brim just a tad bit: On size 3 needles, I included 2 additional increase rows in the pattern before I started the decreases to achieve the right amount of drape. The 4th ball of yarn is required if the this adjustment is included. To finish, I misted my beret with a water bottle and left it to dry mounted on a paper plate.

This is a great project for a beginner. The pattern is easy to follow and the results are great! Valeria di Roma Angora yarn is a little tricky because of the long hairs but it is luxurious and indeed a pleasure to work with. I would like to make a pair of gloves that picks up one of the shades in the yarn...Hmmm!!

Surprisingly, I am not a hat person, but I will wear this hat, probably with some type of hat appropriate jewelry. It's a great because it does not comprise the 'hairdo' too, too much! I am just a little concerned that it will shed. Only time and a few wearings will tell! I am sure someone else may get lucky for Xmas this year! I ordered more of this yarn in bright, beautiful, sexy red (rouge). Cest Manifique! J'adore!

No comments:

Post a Comment