Saturday, October 20, 2007

Scarf to go with that beret!


I had some chunky alpaca in the my stash and I whipped up a beautiful, soft cable scarf. I am a scarf person and I like to wear a different one as often as I can. Also, I like them long so that I can wrap them around a couple of times. This one is a dusty rose pink and it is about 7' long with the fringe. These pictures do not do justice to the beauty of this piece. I love pink as an accent. It adds a feminine touch to anything you wear. It is, in my opinion, a versatile, feel good color that compliments most skin tones.

This was a quick knit on size 10 needles. Alpaca is a great yarn to work with. It is very soft, warm and durable. This is my first project using 100 per cent alpaca and I am now convinced it will not be my last. I have ordered more yarn with Xmas in mind. Now...if the weather will make up its mind...cold? hot?...cool? I am kinda looking forward to wearing my beret and hat combo with jeans or one of my nice wool top coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment