Sunday, October 7, 2007

Beautiful Bed Jacket!!!

Im000982This weekend, I just completed the finishing touches on my bed jacket for the Knitting Lingerie Style KAL. Now I am searching for a vintage jeweled button for a closure. This project is wonderful...! It is great for the intermediate or advanced beginner who is looking for a challenge or test of your knitting skills. I used the recommended yarn Cascade Sierra in aubergine. This yarn is great to work with. There are a lot of pieces to knit and assemble. The pattern instructions are clear and on point. Everything came together nicely. The fit is perfect. I made no adjustments to the pattern. To my misfortune, no one home at this time to take my picture as I model my new finished object so I took a few pictures of it hanging as a place holder for my post.

There is no doubt that I will wear this jacket for years to come. I have a couple of pairs of pajama pants a pair of slippers that coordinate wonderfully. After a long day at work I will toss this on with my PJ's and get cozy with a cup of hot chocolate. I will also wear this jacket this fall with feminine skirts and jeans and lacy cami. There are so many options. I would like to thank Robin for putting this KAL together. I have enjoyed working all of my projects from Knitting Lingerie Style and will knit a few more before I put this book on the shelf for safekeeping. Joan has a fan for life! The trumpet skirt is my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment